Monday, November 19, 2012

For the man of the house

I can finally say that Andy's room is done!  I know that there will be things we want to tweak, buy, change (new laundry hamper and some curtains), but it is a room that he can study, relax and live in now.

You'll remember, it started off like this:



Let's get a close up of those flowers and butterflies.  VK spent hours sanding each individual glossy white stencil.

And let's not forget the carpet, that covered up
beautiful hardwood floors.
Here she is, sanding away.  Pablo is fascinated.
 And then, the color went on.  Andy chose Glidden's French Gray (purchased at Home Depot), you can't tell in this picture but it has a lovely blue undertone to it.



Honestly, the color has been on for a couple of weeks now, the furniture has been moved in for at least a week. Yesterday, we finally got around to really making it HIS room.

Above the door.

Can you guess his favorite sport's team?

The picture is a Batik from our time in Africa that I had framed at JoAnn's for Andy last Christmas.  The sculpture is handcrafted (also from Africa) - she traveled with our dear friend, Anke, to us as part of my thank you for taking her wedding pictures.  The Handcrafted glass blowing of the Flame of the Holy Spirit was designed and created by an extremely talented mentor and friend, Devin Bader.

I think this looks like a place to deliver a "State of the Union" address.  The flag behind the chair is the New Mexico flag. Mama and Pete bought it and waved it in 3 different places along the marathon that Andy ran last month.  It's full size.  I wish I could have seen my 5'3" mother waving it with all her might.  And yes, he is a Bronco fan.  I made that blanket for him several Christmases ago.


There is the hamper that I hope to replace, and the printer shelf is in line for a coat of paint...the line is long :)
The picture that you can't see is of Andy running his first ever marathon, and the medals are of all of his full and half marathons.  I love the rack for his medals.  Pete bought it for him last Christmas, it' says "I run these towns".

That's it!  Andy woke up and tidied his room this morning so you could all see pictures.  He's pretty happy with it.

KTV

3 comments:

  1. Looks really Good guys! Great Job- love the gray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing! What a change! Hey - if you make the pictures larger when you post them we could see them better.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll do that. I would hate for everyone to miss out on all that Bronco stuff :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by, feel free to comment.