Thursday, January 24, 2013

Room and Board

Do you know what this is?


Let me show you another picture...


That's right!  It's my dining room table!  I can't tell you how wonderful it was to sit down to dinner with my husband.  I've been trying to think of the last time we sat down to a meal in our home...I'm pretty sure it was mid-October.  It is now mid-January!  

For the past 3 months we have been switching out who sits on the low counter in the kitchen and who gets the one stool at the counter (when we didn't just take our dinner into the living room and sit on the couch)...2 chairs at the table are a much better option.

Do you like our $20 table?  Isn't it great.  This is the first time it's been set up since we bought it at a garage sale in October.  Mama knocked on the door of our rental house one Saturday morning and asked what we were doing.  She had seen this table and was pretty sure it was for us.  So we jumped into the truck and drove to check it out.  She was right, and we had about an hour of Keystone Cops as she and I drove around town trying to withdraw the $20 we needed and Andy took the table apart with the garage sale gentleman, loaded it into the truck, and then waited, waited and waited for us to get back.  He had a meeting to go to, so he drove there with the table in the back of his truck.  It was worth the hassle, though!

And,  I have to smile as I look at this picture.  Andy dusted the legs before he put the table together, and we went through the house dusting A LOT of things (including the tabletop) afterwards, but somehow neither of us thought to dust the side of the table.  

Now, I'm not surprised that I didn't think of it, but this picture sure shouts it out to you.  

Oh, and did you notice the walls?  Yes, the dining room is painted!  Yippee.  We still have to put up some trim, hang 2 cupboards and some pictures, and re-install a ceiling fan/light before I'm ready to do a big before and after blog.  But I wanted to let you see the color, Behr Ultra's Saffron Strands. I must admit I was very nervous as I painted.  I did this little wall first:

 Sidenote: I love my calendar this year.

The first coat left me thinking I was going to prime over it, head back to Home Depot and start the whole process over again (as it was, we made 5 trips to Home Depot that day).  But the second coat brought the richness and depth I was looking for. It works really well with their Moroccan Orange, which is in our kitchen. 

That's it.  We're working hard over here, and seeing progress.  Yay!  I love progress!

KTV



1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by, feel free to comment.