Sunday, November 4, 2012

Welcome, Karlie, to the blogging world.


Hi!  I'm new to all this...and this is how I feel at the moment -

My husband and I recently became "First Time Home Owners" and that's why I'm starting this blog.  Our house was built in 1930 and it is definitely a fixer upper!  I am very excited by the journey ahead of us and I want to share it with my friends, who are scattered across this country and several others.  I'm sure I'll share other things, but right now my brain is taken up by house thoughts.  I've been dreaming of this adventure for a LONG time.  

Okay, without further ado, here are things I love about our first home.
Let's go in the back door...
through the MUD ROOM!  That's right, I shouted Mud Room.  In the Midwest, it's an exciting thing to have...especially if you are the one cleaning house!
Next on the list, the windows.  So many of them, such pretty views, so much character.  







Please don't talk to me right now about cleaning them!

In every bedroom (there are 3), there are closets.  Not unusual, I know.  However, what is wonderful is how well the space is used in all three.

The world's smallest walk in closet, but so much space for all of Andy's T-shirts and jeans :)
The guest closet.  Not seen, a built in shelf for shoes!
And  MY closets.  That's right, I said closetSSSSS.  You will see more of these soon, because they are one of the first things that I really moved in to :)!
A big thing on the list of "love its" about this house are the hardwood floors.  They are beautiful and in every room. 

Even under the awful carpet in the one carpeted room.

 What next?  Oh yes, walk with me to my living room and see my fireplace.


 And then I'll show you the "Secret Room"


There are just so many little details! 

And here are two of the big deals for us.

Andy's study:

Yes everyone, those are butterflies and flowers stenciled on to the pink and purple walls in my husbands manly retreat :)!  And, yes, those are stickers all over the door into said retreat.

But out that brown door is a patio over our 2 car garage.  Whoop Whoop!



 And finally, my art room.


With a view to the treehouse!



More to come, this is probably all of the pictures you can handle anyway :)!




8 comments:

  1. I'm SOOO happy for you Carly!!!:):) It's very nice - you guys are going to have a blast making it your own:) (Jessica Ocasio)

    ReplyDelete
  2. KARLIE!!!!!!!!!!!! :D i love your guys' new house wow!!!! :D how many rooms does it have?? looks like a gajillion that is so awesome!! also i LOOOVE the treehouse and tire swing in the yard, holy cow that is one of my dreams one day to have both of those lol. we have a decent-sized tree in each of our yards (front and back) but not quite big enough for either a tire swing or treehouse - maybe one day. ;) anywho yeah your house rocks i love it!!!! oh and the hardwood floors :) yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D so happy for you guys!!!!!! :)

    p.s. this is Jenny "Fer" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE it, particularly the hardwood floors, and the woodwork around the windows, and those awesome closets. And a MUDROOM, what a blessing. The fireplace is awesome, and I'm eager to see how the girlie room deconstructs into the man-cave. I'm praying for you to feel at home right away and get the heaviest load of fixing up done before cold weather sets in. Love you both. It was a treat to hear your voice on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great start on the blog!!!! You got busy right after I left, didn't you? Your house is darling and will be more so as you and Andy add your personal touches. God bless you. May you have many, many peaceful and fruitful years in your new home. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful home. You're going to love making it your own.
    Linda G.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love it... don't forget a picture of the front! now... if i could only figure out how to follow you! i'm so bad a blogging haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! Thank you so much!!! It GREAT to be able to watch this adventure! I want to see that fridge!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll come. I have so many pictures that I have to space them out :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by, feel free to comment.