Monday, November 5, 2012

What I don't love so much

In my last post I talked a lot about what I love in our new house.  Now for a little full disclosure, the things I don't love as much

The fact that we had no refrigerator or stove wasn't great.  On the other hand, my puppy is adorable.

This massive cabinet over the sink.  Great for cupboard space...

but it totally made our kitchen feel claustrophobic and killed sight lines for conversation...and I LOVE conversation :)!
 Also, we are definitely not fans of those shades of green and red so close together.
The linoleum and paneling in my art room.
some water damage in the living room
The next ones are pretty random.  When the former owners left, they took the faucet and shower head with them!  So, no faucet or shower head for Andy and Karlie!


This is the big one.  There was a hole in our roof, a serious one.  We had to have the entire roof replaced.  It is!  And, just one night before a very rainy day :)  However, the hole in the roof translated to some work in the dining room.






I'm very happy to say that many of these things have been checked off of our to do list (I really love checking things off of my to do list).  But all of that is for another post.  Next post, exterior shots!






3 comments:

  1. i still don't see the problem with a bright green kitchen next to a bright red dining room ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I can definitely see why you removed the cabinets over the sink. Good call.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Andy's picturesque description of why the cabinets needed to go! I got quite a laugh out of him having a intimate eye to eye while trying to do dishes! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, feel free to comment.